Position Title: Social Media & Marketing Intern (Part-Time, Paid)
Location: Washington, DC
Length: Fall Semester
Preferred Start Date: Oct 2019
Radiant Earth Foundation’s core mission is to make insights from remote sensing data and machine learning an order of magnitude more accessible for global non-profits, humanitarian organizations, and companies and governments in emerging economies.
We do this by curating, hosting, and listing/redirecting to open training datasets through Radiant MLHub. MLHub is a repository and registry of geospatial training data, and we lead community efforts to develop standards and increase interoperability of these data for machine learning applications.
In addition to training data catalogs, we work with organizations on complex use cases with high-impact outcomes. Since our founding in 2016, we’ve worked with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (a founding funder), the Omidyar Network (another founding funder), as well as Schmidt Futures, McGovern Foundation, the World Bank and more.
We are searching for a Social Media & Marketing Intern to support all marketing and communication efforts of Radiant Earth. Your overall role will be to help develop and disseminate compelling messages and content.
All applicants must have their own computer.
- Work with marketing and technology team to develop content ideas to further engage the key target audience
- Support the weekly conversation calendar process by co-creating concepts for social media posts
- Monitor Radiant Earth on social media channels, and assist in pulling data and analysis in the form of written communication
- Monitor influencer partner presence activity across social accounts
- Schedule and post social media content using a social media management platform
- Help create marketing materials, presentations, and other resources
- Provide monthly email updates covering new social media tools, influencer trends, services and marketing strategies relevant to Radiant Earth
- Creative writing support for Radiant Earth publication content
- Other job-related duties linked to marketing and communication as assigned
- Undergraduate or Graduate Student with majors focusing on marketing, communication, journalism or data journalism, information technology, and social enterprise.
Skills and Experience
- Thorough knowledge of social media platforms, especially Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Experience writing strong call-to-action copy for social media channels
- Ability to collect, compile, and analyze online content to draw meaningful conclusions, and suggest future actions
- Strong research, analysis, and information-management skills aided by curiosity, big-picture thinking
- Excellent written/ verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills, especially PowerPoint
- Familiarity with graphic design using software such as Photoshop, Illustrator or online design platforms like Canva
- Organized with strong attention to detail, time management, and multitasking skills.
- The ability to work both independently and as a team
- Familiarity with social media management platforms
- Interest in technology, especially AI, Data Science, Remote Sensing
- Sense of humor
What we offer:
- $15 per hour
- Flexible scheduling
Please email a resume and cover letter (1-page max) to email@example.com. Please use “Radiant Fall Internship Application_YOUR NAME” as the subject of your email.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential. Radiant Earth Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.