Position Title: Geospatial Developer (Full Time)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Preferred Start Date: Sep 1st, 2019
Radiant Earth Foundation’s core mission is to make insights from remote sensing data and machine learning an order of magnitude more accessible for global non-profits, humanitarian organizations, and companies and governments in emerging economies.
We do this by curating, hosting, and listing/redirecting to open training datasets through Radiant MLHub. MLHub is a repository and registry of geospatial training data, and we lead community efforts to develop standards and increase interoperability of these data for machine learning applications.
In addition to training data catalogs, we work with organizations on complex use cases with high-impact outcomes. Since our founding in 2016, we’ve worked with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (a founding funder), the Omidyar Network (another founding funder), as well as Schmidt Futures, McGovern Foundation, the World Bank and more.
We are searching for a Geospatial Developer to help in the buildout and maintenance of Radiant MLHub infrastructure and generating new training data catalogs. We also build ML models for regional and global applications, and you will be occasionally helping our data science team to build data pipelines for these applications.
What You Will Do:
- Expand and implement Radiant API services; including developing a Python API for Radiant MLHub;
- Curate and maintain thematic data catalogs on the cloud;
- Establish processes and culture around the entire code deployment process from local testing and continuous integration to setting up development, staging and production environments;
- Provide Docker expertise;
- Provide architectural best-practice and implementation of DevOps for large-scale, distributed image processing pipelines;
- Contribute to and maintain an internal wiki of DevOps processes, examples and expectations;
- Experienced in deploying and using AWS resources (including EC2, Lambda, Batch, API Gateway, CloudFront, ELB, S3, and Route53) and can provide best-practices;
- You have designed and implemented REST APIs;
- You have significant Docker experience;
- Experienced in Python (in particular working knowledge of GDAL, Shapely, and GeoPandas)
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills;
- You are passionate about worlds challenging problems, and eager to help address them.
- General knowledge of geospatial and remote sensing techniques;
- Experience in mass processing and analysis of remote sensing / geospatial data;
- Worked in geospatial software development;
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits (Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life & disability coverage and 401k match)
- Flexible time off
Please apply to email@example.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential. Radiant Earth Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.