Position Title: Workshop Rapporteur (Temporary, Paid $15 p.h.)
Location: Washington, DC
Radiant Earth Foundation’s core mission is to empower organizations and individuals globally with open AI and EO data, standards and tools to address the world’s most critical international development challenges.
We are organizing a workshop for NASA Earth Sciences Data Systems (ESDS) program, and are searching for three rapporteurs for the workshop, to be held on Jan. 21-23, 2020 in Cosmos Club, Washington, DC. The workshop will gather experts on remote sensing and machine learning to discuss best practices for advancing the application of machine learning techniques on NASA’s Earth observations. You are required to participate in the workshop for all three days from 8 am to 6 pm.
What You Will Do:
Before the event
- Become familiar with the workshop program, speakers and the working groups.
- Meet workshop staff prior to the workshop to go over any specific instructions.
During the event
- Capture in typed notes all pertinent information for each presentation, including the speaker’s name, title, and organization. The notes should include the main points from the presentation, either from what is spoken or what is in the presentation slides.
- Capture in typed notes all the discussions, highlighting any conclusions, recommendations, and/or next steps from the working group discussions.
After the event
- Prepare your report using the format provided, highlighting the main topics, objectives, and themes of the workshop as a whole as well as particular sections.
- Based on the event agenda (whether by section or individual speaker/activity) provide detailed notes indicating the name, title, and organization of the speaker, main findings, conclusions, discussions, Q&A and/or recommendations of the speaker/working group.
- Submit a final, formatted report in word format to Radiant’s team within 24 hours of the workshop closing.
- University student (Master’s or PhD) in Environmental Sciences, Geospatial Sciences, Geography, Computer Vision, Data Sciences, or related fields.
- You have excellent communication skills.
To learn more about Radiant Earth Foundation visit www.radiant.earth.
Please apply to email@example.com.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential. Radiant Earth Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.